- 4 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tsp chana dal roasted
- 1" ginger peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped (I felt this is too much, next time I'm using smaller amount)
- 4 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp black gram (urad dal)
- ½ tsp asafoetida powder (I used compound asafoetida, and that didn't work at all)
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 red chili (I replaced with chili powder)
- 2 tbsp oil
- lemon juice
- Grind coconut, roasted gram, green chilies, coriander and ginger to a fine paste using water.
- Heat the oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, let the splutter.
- Add black gram, red chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida. Fry briefly until gram becomes red, then mix with chutney.
- Add salt and lemon juice.