I want to travel to Zürich again! I had a wonderful dream, in which I visited my favorite restaurant in the world, Hiltl. I have to go there again next time I get an opportunity.
Meanwhile, I have to settle for my own cooking. Although, I was told that I’m starting to get belly, so I might have to consider including some healthy choices to my menu :). Maybe next week will be only fruits, salads and soups…
Today’s recipe, Urad Dal, I found when I wanted to do something quickly. Result was tasty, but again, I feel these dry dishes doesn’t mix well with rice.. maybe some roti would been better choice, but I still haven’t learned how to make chapatis.
- 2,5dl Urad dal (white/Split black)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bayleaves
- 2 cloves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- garam masala
- red chili powder for taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Clean and wash dal. Soak in water for 10-15 min.
- Boil it in about 1 liter of water. Boil till it comes soft, but not pasty. Remove water.
- Head oil in frying pan and add cloves, bayleaves and cumin seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add ginger, onion and green chilies, stir fry until golden brown.
- Add tomato and fry till it softens. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Fry for moment.
- Add dal and lemon juice. Mix gently.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander.