Tips: You can use any vegetables you want, but use potato as a base. Put some salt while frying onions, to speed up the process
- 2 potatoes (I used 3 small)
- 1 cup of green peas
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 5-6 green beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 dl of coriander leaves
- maida flour mixed with water - loosely (original recipe mentions using 2 eggs, but as a vegetarian not usually eating eggs I discourage readers using them 🙂
- Rusk powder of bread powder (I tried to find this from store, without any luck. I ended up buying fresh bread and using mixer making powder out of it)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 or 2 piches of chaat masala (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and carrot.
- Cut potatoes, carrot and beans to small beans and boil them along with green peas.
- After they have boiled to soft, mash them.
- Fry 2 tsp of oil in frying pan.
- Add chilies and onions. When onions becomes transparent, add them to your dough.
- Add salt, garam masala, jeera, coriander leaves and mix it up
- (at this point I also added some maida flour, maybe 3-4 table spoons, no make dough more thick)
- Make lime-sized ball from dough and make them to a small disc shape.
- Dip discs to maida-water and then into rusk powder.
- Deep fry your cutlets until they get nice golden brown colour.
- Place them on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve with hari chutney and tomato ketchup