I visited Chilifest Finland which is held here in Tampere. From there I bought some chilies, 4 Turbo Pubes and 2 Naga Morichs, which are one of the hottest chilies in the world! I tasted a small piece (about 5mm long slice) and yes, it was hot! Chilifest also includes chili eating world championship competition, where competitors eat as much Naga Morich-chilies in 30 minutes as possible (winner ate over 200g). After that they gave away the rest of the chilies, and I got my third Morich from there.
Now what to do with these. Obviously, Morichs are too strong to use before they go bad. I had some options, maybe dry them maybe freeze… but I chose to pickle my chilies, as I have tasted some very delicious Aji Cristal -chilies prepared the same way.
- 7 chilies, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 0,35l apple wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- whole black peppers
- mustard seeds
- some preservative (atamon)
- put layers of chilies and garlic to glass jars
- prepare and boil the solution by mixing the vinegar, honey, black peppers, mustard seeds, salt and preservative
- pour it on top of your chilies and close the lid
- set the jars aside for 30 minutes or so
- store the jars to your fridge, after two weeks they are ready