I have a mission: eat only vegan food for one month. So far it has been going very well, I would say I have eaten better on this month than in normal month. Today was a salad day. I tried to search some good vegan salad recipes, but I was surprised how difficult it was. I would thought if some dish, salad would be the most obvious for vegans. Ok, I did find many recipes, but I’m a bit picky what comes to salads. I like salads that you can call main dishes, meaning you don’t have to eat anything else to fill your stomach. And another point today was, that because I was a little bit tired after work, I didn’t want anything too complicated.
After tasting, I have to say, although so simple, that the marinade was one of the best tasting I have used so far. Definitely I will used it again, maybe next time with seitan.
I had some concerns how well coconut cream will fit into salad, but I was surprised. Not bad, not bad at all!
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped as small as you can
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp paprika powder (smoked paprika powder worked very nicely also)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ dl (olive) oil
- ½ dl water (I used 1 dl of oil and no water)
- 5 dl ready made pasta
- 1 packet (250-300g) of tofu, cut into cubes
- 10 pcs of sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small jar of black olives
- 1 can of coconut cream (~2dl)
- fresh parsley
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix marinade and tofu.
- Wait until next day (or if you are very hungry, wait 10 minutes 🙂
- Fry tofu so that it gets some color
- Mix tofu with rest of the ingredients, garnish with parsley