This time a recipe of basic tomato sauce which is good for making pizza, on top of pasta, or why not as a base of a tomato soup as well.
Basic Tomato Sauce
- 3 cans of whole tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- some celery, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- some oil for frying
- some balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves and dried oregano / 1 tbsp pizza spices
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in the frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes starts to become mash.
- Add basil and oregano or pizza spice.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and some of the balsamic vinegar and taste, continue until you are happy with the taste, you don't want to add too much vinegar.
- Process the sauce on a blender or food processor.