When I was younger, my favorite meal was cabbage soup, made by my mother. This is not as good (she used lamb meat), but still pretty good.
Check recipe for seitan kebab.
- Half of a big cabbage, chopped
- 1 small rutabaga, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into half circles
- Some seitan kebab
- 10-15 whole black peppers
- some sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- vegetable bouillon cube
- 2l of water
- Some oil for frying
- Add water, cabbage, rutabaga, carrot and spices to large sauce pan and turn on the heat.
- Let it boil on medium heat for hour or so.
- While waiting for the soup to cook, fry onion and seitan in a frying pan (high temp, for 5 minutes or so).
- Mix in the onion and seitan after 45 minutes of boiling.