Today I got my new grill frying pan! Yay! I have been waiting to get one, so that I can make some very yummy…
(Idea stolen from Jasse and recipe stolen from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible/Bing Food and Drink App)
Pan-Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- oil for frying
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sprinkle the eggplant and zucchini slices with salt and let stand for 30 minutes or so.
- Mix together oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Preheat grill pan and some oil over high heat.
- Pat eggplants and zucchini dry with paper towels.
- Cook zucchini about from both sides, not long, maybe couple of minutes and do the same with egg plants. Transfer them to the marinade bowl and let them stand at least for 30 minutes.