This is an old recipe I found from my recipe book, not sure about the origin. I modified it a little bit.
It’s like a weird coconut curry-lasagna hybrid, and it works! Shorter instructions for preparation for this dish would go:
1) Prepare coconut curry
2) Build a lasagna out of it
You don’t really need to prepare the zucchinis for this, but as at the moment they are my favorites, I tend to add them to all kinds of dishes… and I do feel they look nice as a decoration. You can use basically any vegetables you want as a filling for the lasagna.
- 1 zucchini, pan-grilled
- 1 tbsp of masala
- some textured soy protein and spices for that
- 1 can of coconut milk, 2dl
- 1 can of pureed/crushed tomato
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 paprika, sliced
- about 10 small champignons, sliced
- lasagna sheets
- Slice zucchini and sprinkle with salt, set aside
- Prepare masala
- Take half a teaspoon of masala, mix it with olive oil in a small bowl and set aside
- Prepare textured soy on frying pan
- Start frying zucchini as well, place grilled zucchinis to bowl with oil and masala on it
- When soy is ready, add onions, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and masala
- Fry for 5 minutes or so, until vegetables becomes soft
- Add paprika and continue frying another 5 minutes
- Add pureed tomato and coconut milk
- Turn oven on, set heat to 200C
- Let cook another 10 minutes or so
- Pour some oil to baking dish
- Pour 1 cm layer of sauce at the bottom of the baking dish, then lasagna sheets, then couple of grilled zucchinis. Continue until dish is full. To final layer, add only sauce and zucchinis.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheat oven.