I found Poblano chilies from supermarket near me. They are great for sandwiches like these.
- Two pieces of bread
- Ripe avocado
- Mild chili
- Spread butter on both pieces of bread.
- Build your sandwich. Here is my favorite order: Bread, lettuce, avocado, pinch of salt, paprika and chili, onion, bread.
- The key point here is avocado. It hast to be perfectly ripened. If it is not ripe yet, wait for couple of days and then prepare you sandwich 🙂
- Maybe a few drops of lemon/lime juice on top of the avocado would be a good idea.
- I used dark rye bread, but I bet white would work as well (if not better?).