The taste of these kebabs was fine, although could be a bit more spicy. The potatoes and flours are very plain in taste and the soy protein has it’s own characteristic taste, in which I’m not so fond of. I would say don’t be afraid of using plenty of spices when preparing the soy protein. When serving, sriracha + kebabs was a must combination!
Texture was also fine, although it could be a bit more firm. Once I took the kebabs from the oven, they were still a bit mushy, but after half a hour or so, they were fine.
I will definitely try these again, I guess without modifying the recipe much. I might play around with amount of flours to try to get more firm texture and next time I’ll just double the amount of spices.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, diced, boiled and mashed
- about 5 dl textured soy protein
- about 1 dl breadcrumb flour
- 1 tbsp maizena
- 2 tbsp oil
- oil for cooking
- Soak wooden skewers (or shishs) in water
- Mash potatoes
- Add rest of the ingredients
- Keep adding breadcrumb flour until you are happy with the texture
- Form kebabs and stick skewers through them
- Cook about 45 minutes in 200C, turn the kebabs once in a while, and add enough oil so that they wont stick